The following recommendations may be taken into account along with the engine operation guide.
- › Inspect / Clean / Replace the air cleaner element, oil filter, gaskets, pipes and fittings.
- › Clean mounting area and install new gaskets where applicable. (Fit oil feed and drain gasket dry) DO NOT USE TREAD TAPE OR ANY TYPE OF SILICONE/SEALANT ON ANY GASKETS.
- › Tighten all nuts, bolts and screws to the manufacturer’s torque recommendations. Check torque tension on turbocharger V-Band clamps which sometimes are left loose to facilitate turbocharger orientation when fitting to engine.
- › Prime the turbocharger with oil before starting engine. It is usual to hold the stop lever of the engine shut whilst turning the engine on the starter motor until a flow of oil is noticed from the oil return drain of the turbocharger.
- › Start the engine and check for leaks, unusual noises etc. If the vehicle is fitted with an actuator, boost check vehicle and set to manufacturer’s specifications. Fuel pump settings are to be adjusted by a fuel pump injection company and then lead sealed where necessary. Fuel pump may have to be removed to carry out fuel pump setting adjustments.
- › If any problem is noticed then report same to staff at TURBOTECH immediately. Do not continue to operate the unit as damage which is a consequence of any further operation of the turbocharger will not be covered under warranty.